Country singer Claude King passed away at the age of 90, The Associated Press reports. He was best known for the 1962 hit "Wolverton Mountain," which told the story of Clifton Clowers, who protected his daughter from potential suitors.Louisiana Hayride, the same Saturday night show where Elvis Presley also got his start."Claude was a legend in the Louisiana music industry, one of the greatest songwriters, and a wonderful friend," said Maggie Warwick, owner of the Louisiana Hayride trademark and the production company, Louisiana Hayride Co. "He had a gift for melody and lyrics that was very definable. The range and melody and the feeling that goes with his songs, when you hear it, it's very unique and identifiable with Claude King. He had a personal style that was all his own."
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life