Jeers to Glee for making an off-key addition to the cast.Vanessa Lengies joined the show as Sugar Motta, a tone-deaf student in more ways than one. Her attribution for her lack of social graces to "self-diagnosed Asperger's" had autism-awareness advocates up in arms. Well, Sugar was back in episode 2 — briefly, thank God — to sing poorly, insult Idina Menzel's Shelby Corcoran ("you have this irritating nasal quality"), then shrug it off: "Sorry, Asperger's."Sorry, Glee: For a show that goes to sickeningly saccharine lengths to preach tolerance (e.g. this week's "unicorn" subplot with Kurt and Brittany), you've hit a wrong note. One can only hope Sugar's promised third episode will be her swan song. With Sue Sylvester's poll numbers — and ego — swelling, the halls of McKinley High aren't big enough to fit another fathead.Are you souring on Sugar — and Glee?
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life