In his first interview since announcing he would undergo a sex change, Chaz Bono says he's enjoying the life he fought for years to attain.Entertainment Tonight. "I got clean and sober in 2004 and I couldn't have done this before that."The 40-year-old Bono — who was born Chastity, the daughter of Cher and Sonny Bono — said the most difficult part of the journey was "finding the courage not to worry about what other people would think of me so much."Bono said he has mentally and emotionally felt he was a man since he was a child. "There wasn't much feminine about me," he said. "I believe that gender is something between your ears, not between your legs. That is something I discovered in the early '90s. It was just a long process of being comfortable enough to do something about it."
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. Wayward Pines: Don't Discuss Your Life Before