This is the second cancellation in a month; the comedian was supposed to appear on The Queen Latifah Show before that appearance was canceled too. No reason has been given for the cancellation—Regis Philbin will now appear instead—but the news comes in the wake of renewed allegations of rape.
Last month while performing standup, comedian Hannibal Buress said Cosby raped several young women. He then told the audience members to "Google it" as proof of the allegations. The video of his performance went viral.
On Monday, a meme generator on Cosby's website was removed after the Internet had a field day with it, using it to create memes that posted accusations of rape on photos of the actor and comedian, best known for playing the father on the wholesome family series The Cosby Show.
On Thursday, The Washington Post ran an op-ed piece written by Barbara Bowman, one of Cosby's accusers from a decade ago. In it, she details the struggle of getting people to take her seriously.
"Back then, the incident was so horrifying that I had trouble admitting it to myself, let alone to others," she writes of the "multiple times" Cosby allegedly assaulted her when she was a 17-year-old aspiring actress in 1985.
"While I am grateful for the new attention to Cosby's crimes," Bowman continued, "I must ask my own questions: Why wasn't I believed? Why didn't I get the same reaction of shock and revulsion when I originally reported it? Why was I, a victim of sexual assault, further wronged by victim blaming when I came forward? The women victimized by Bill Cosby have been talking about his crimes for more than a decade. Why didn't our stories go viral?"