It was man versus machine at the box office over the weekend, and the heap of metal won. Sci-fi remake The Time Machine opened at No. 1 with $22.5 million, dethroning last week's champ, We Were Soldiers. Although Mel Gibson and his troops slipped to No. 2, Soldiers's $14.5 million gross was down only 29 percent from last weekend. In other debut news, urban comedy All About the Benjamins bowed at No. 3 with $10.1 million. Rounding out the top five: 40 Days and 40 Nights (No. 4 with $7.1 million) and John Q (No. 5 with $6 million).
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly