Angelina Jolie underwent a preventive double mastectomy after learning that she was at a high risk of getting breast cancer. In an op-ed piece for Tuesday's New York Times, Jolie writes about deciding to move forward with the procedure, which she completed in April.Brad Pitt and their six children, nothing has changed. "It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable," Jolie said of her children's response to the procedure. "They can see my small scars and that's it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was. And they know that I love them and will do anything to be with them as long as I can. On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity.The Standard. "All I want for is for her to have a long and healthy life, with myself and our children. This is a happy day for our family."Jolie, who turns 38 next month, describes the procedure, including receiving implants, in detail within the piece. She will also post more information about her regimen on the Pink Lotus Breast Center website later on."Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of," Jolie concluded.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly