Nine black former American Idol contestants from various seasons are planning to sue the show, claiming that they were eliminated from the competition due to a racist ratings scheme.TMZ, New York attorney James H. Freeman has requested permission to sue Idol and Fox on behalf of his clients: Corey Clark (Season 2), Jaered Andrews (Season 2), Donnie Williams (Season 3), Terrell Brittenum (Season 5), Derrell Brittenum (Season 5), Thomas Daniels (Season 6), Akron Watson (Season 6), Ju'Not Joyner (Season 8) and Chris Golightly (Season 9).Freeman says he began investigating the show after Jermaine Jones was kicked off on March 15, 2012, because he didn't inform producers about multiple outstanding warrants for his arrest. Freeman then discovered that throughout Idol's then-11-season run, only nine other people had been publically disqualified. And as it turns out, all of them happened to be black.Nigel Lythgoe said he was "shocked" by Freeman's "ridiculous" claims. "We treat everybody the same," Lythgoe said, "no matter the race, religion or sex."He continued, "I think we've always had a fantastic share of talent from contestants both black and white ... I don't think I've ever seen racism at the show."Do you think Freeman's allegations hold any weight?
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly