Survivor: Guatemala — The Maya...
Survivor: Guatemala — The Maya Empire
won! Yay! She made the right decision by taking Stephenie
to the final two instead of Rafe
. I think it would have been a much closer vote if she had chosen to go the other way. Plus, she looks amazing now that she's not all emaciated. Let's go over some stats:
- 22 minutes: How late the show was in starting tonight, and how late it ran past 11 pm.
- 3: The amount of times you can air one commercial during one normal-length break. Seriously — they aired the Pontiac Torrent ad so many times, I could recite it, but when they aired it back to back and then again after another commercial, it was really too much.
- 1 million: the amount of money Danni will be taking home pretax because she starved herself for 39 days and tried not to stab too many people in the back along the way.
- 2: The number of times that Stephenie and Bobby Jon
got to play Survivor
- 1: The number of votes that Stephenie got during the final tribal council. Only ever-loyal Rafe voted for her.
- 1: Also the number of times that Stephenie, Danni and Lydia ruined an ancient sacrifice by eating the chicken that was an offering to the gods.
- 37: The number of days that Stephenie claimed not to have eaten when she was trying to justify eating the sacrificial chicken.
- 2: The real number of days since Steph had scarfed down food with Cindy
on her reward. So glad that Judd
made the comment about how much she had eaten while she was out there.
- High 5s: There was an obvious hand slap between jury members Bobby Jon and Jamie
during tribal council when it was brought up that Stephenie had ticked a few people off. Did that sway Danni's decision?
All in all, it was a pretty anticlimactic season, although Judd and his "brutal honesty" really livened things up. People lied, people cheated and at the end of the day, someone went home a million dollars richer. No big shocking revelations at the reunion, though it was nice to see Jamie and Bobby Jon as pals instead of screaming at each other. Gary
reluctantly fessed up to his pro-football past. And Jeff teased easy-target Brian
about his early ouster. Loved Judd's comment that people mostly recognize him as the "big fat dude from Survivor
." Can't wait for next season: That exile island looks like a cool new twist. And so glad that Jeff
will be back. I really can't imagine this show without the dimpled host saying, "the tribe has spoken."