High School Musical 3 Not Struck by Strike
Ashley Tisdale by Adam Larkey/Disney Channel
Good news, rugrats! The much-awaited
High School Musical 3
has not been waylaid by the WGA strike. "Fortunately, Peter [Barsocchini, who also penned the original and sequel] was able to get [the new script] into us before the strike," director Kenny Ortega told TV Guide at Sunday's Diversity Awards. "Now we're developing our music. It's exciting. We're looking forward to beginning in '08," with an eye on an October theatrical release.
Despite much chatter about whom from the original cast has signed on to return - Ashley Tisdale, for one, tells us she definitley has - Ortega maintains, "They're all coming back."
? "I don't know that it will be the final for the franchise, but it's the last in this trilogy," he says. "It's the last year in the life of the Wildcats." -
Reporting by Nick Freilich
More from our Strike Watch blog:
Writers, Producers Agree to Resume Talks Nov. 26
Michael Eisner Clarifies His "Stupid" Strike Comment
Strike Chart: How Long Before Your Shows Go Dark?