Ding dong, the witch is dead. Well, not dead, just fired. What a way for Eve to go — by pouring urine on the offensive Santa: "Ho ho ho — you piece of crap!" I'm contemplating having that line played on my outgoing voice-mail message for the holidays — just that line, followed by a beep. Kidding. I did enjoy the "You can't fire Eve on Christmas Eve!" line. Tonight's episode was nicely holiday themed and had several happy endings. How wonderful for the little girl who was accidentally shot to make it after they thought she was a goner. Shows you just how important positive mental energy is, and it was perfect to force the shooters to watch the girl being operated on. So cool to see cast members of canceled shows appear on ER
, like Lisa Gay Hamilton
from The Practice
and Jillian Armenante
from Judging Amy
. Other random highlights:
- Luka giving Morris 'N Sync's Greatest Hits as a holiday gift was classic. Clemente: "I didn’t know you were gay." Hilarious.
- Nice to see veteran comic Jack Carter as the guy who pretended to be sick so he wouldn’t be alone on Christmas Eve.
- Glad Sam let Alex see his daddy at the end. That hug made me cry — I admit it.
- I couldn’t decide who was a worse singer, Abby or Chuny, but what a beautiful voice Yvette Freeman has. Scott Grimes has a CD out and I wanted to hear him sing more, but the few times he did sing, he sounded exactly like… Yvette Freeman.
- Loved Clemente correcting his on-again/off-again girlfriend after she made the "little soldier" reference: "Big soldier."
- And when did Luka get so romantic? Gifting Abby with a compass since "it seems we always find each other" was great, topped only by Abby's "I'm pregnant" line. Sam doesn't even know they're dating so I can't wait for that scene. – Dave Anderson
Got a comment for one of our Watercooler writers? Submit it via the feedback box at the bottom of the page.
Will Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni ever hook up on SVU? Do you think Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck's marriage will last? What does the future hold for them — and you? TV Guide magazine astrologer Michael Lutin has the answers! Send questions to him here and then pick up the Jan. 2 issue of TV Guide to see what the planets have in store!