Is 24 Shark Proof?
jumped the shark
Every season there's been a plot twist that's just... well... irresistible bait.
- Incredible, but Jack's wife Teri (may she rest in peace) gets amnesia.
- Not as incredible, and Jack's daughter Kim battles a mountain lion.
- Even worse as Tony and Michelle are newlyweds, Kim is now a computer genius working at CTU, Chloe finds a baby in the office, and Tony gets one in the neck.
- Still slipping as Jack robs a convenience store and, surprise, there's a mole in CTU again!
As Jack took his David Banner-esque stroll at the end of this season, I was convinced that
was on the other side of the fin.
- It proved me wrong. Pivotal characters were bumped off in the pilot, President Logan and his wife were mesmerizing, and the show had a fantastic season. Jack was back, and I was never so glad to be wrong about a show.
Now expectations are sky high as
returns with Emmys in hand. Jack needs a shave as the crazy plot twists begin and seconds slowly tick away.
Ironically, I don't find myself asking if
has jumped the shark. I'm satisfied watching the mess unfold... because I know somehow, some way, Jack's gonna find a way to clean it up.
And I don't care how preposterous it will be.