Judging by the premiere, this season of Game of Thrones is going to be all about the ladies.
Set in a world that makes ours look incredibly progressive, it was great to see so many of the show's female characters assert their power: Sansa (Sophie Turner) got her first vassal in Brienne (Gwendoline Christie), Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) refused to cower to Khal Moro and, in the most blatantly #grrlpower moment of them all, Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma) led an all-female rebellion in Dorne.
But while Season 6 appears to be doubling-down on female empowerment, the premiere was far from the first time the women ran Westeros. Check out 16 other times the ladies owned Game of Thrones.
1. When Arya(Maisie Williams)let herself dream big.
2. When Daenerys knew her worth and wouldn't accept any less.
4. When Olenna Tyrell (Diana Rigg) called it like it is, no matter what anyone else thought.
5. When Brienne had no time for men of any house.
6. When Daenerys stopped playing dumb and started showing everyone who's boss.
7. When Margaery (Natalie Dormer) proved she might be the greatest schemer of them all.
8. When Sansa (Sohpie Turner) finally had enough.
9. When Daenerys had zero f---s to give about men.
10. When Arya did what everyone else was too afraid to do.
11. When Cersei schooled Ned (Sean Bean) on politics.
13. When Melisandre (Carice van Houten) slayed a king through childbirth.
14. When Catelyn (Michelle Fairley) shut down Littlefinger's attempt to earn her love.
15. When Ygritte (Rose Leslie) laughed in the face of the patriarchy.
16. When Daenerys owned her sexuality without shame.
We'd ask you to pick your favorite Game of Thrones lady, but they're all kweens and we know you could never choose just one.
Game of Thrones airs Sundays at 9/8c on HBO.