- First project as director was the straight-to-video documentary/short film Michael Jordan's Playground, a mixture of the basketball legend's career highlights and scripted scenes based on his early life.
- Won a Clio Award in 1997 for his Jeep "Frisbee" commercial.
- Made his feature-film directorial debut with the 2004 remake Dawn of the Dead, which had a budget of less than $30 million but took in more than $100 million worldwide.
- His 2003 Subaru WRX commercial can be seen on a TV in one of Dawn's scenes.
- Made his animation directing debut with the 2010 family film Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.
- Deborah Johnson — Wife
- Denise Snyder — Ex-wife
- Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA (Film, 1989)