A nerdy computer whiz on 24, a brain-stealing serial killer on Heroes and Tori Spelling's gay best bud on So NoTORIous: Zachary Quinto is nothing if not versatile. Intrigued by acting from an early age, he began appearing in Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera productions as a child. But he decided to pursue acting as a vocation after being involved in a car accident at age 16. After high school, Quinto studied at Carnegie Mellon's prestigious acting conservatory, and a year after graduating, he began landing guest spots on diverse series, everything from Touched by an Angel to CSI. His recurring role on the third season of 24 upped his profile, but 2006 was his breakthrough year. Although his first series-regular gig on So NoTORIous was cut short when the campy show failed to get picked up for a second season, he quickly snagged his signature Heroes role. With his icy stare and monotone delivery, Quinto proved to be a breathtaking villain. In 2009, his star rose even higher when he took on the role of Spock in the J.J. Abrams remake of Star Trek.
- Made the decision to pursue a career in acting after being involved in a serious car accident at the age of 16.
- Won a 1995 Gene Kelly Award for his role as John Adams in a Central Catholic High School production of The Pirates of Penzance.
- Played computer tech Adam Kaufman in the third season of the Fox drama 24; later played Tori Spelling's gay best friend Sasan on VH1's So NoTORIous.
- Breakout role came in 2006 as the villainous Sylar on NBC's Heroes.
- Worked closely with Leonard Nimoy to prepare for his role as Spock in 2009's Star Trek.
- 2012, Independent Spirit Awards — Robert Altman Award: Winner
- 2012, Independent Spirit Awards — Best First Feature: Winner
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- Jonathan Groff — Ex-significant Other
- Joe Quinto — Brother
- Margo Quinto — Mother
- Carnegie Mellon University, School of Drama, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BFA in Drama, 1999)
- Birth Name: Zachary John Quinto
- Birth Place: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner, American Gods and more