- Named for actor Yul Brynner.
- Mother was a stage actor in Miami and often had him play minor roles in her plays.
- Member of the defunct rock band Diving for Pearls; his film debut was playing a musician in 1992's The Mambo Kings.
- Cofounder of LAByrinth Theater Company; served as artistic director for the 2009-10 season.
- Sam Rockwell served as best man at his wedding.
- As part of LAByrinth, served as a producer on 2011's The Motherf**ker With the Hat, as well as playing the supporting role of Cousin Julio.
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2011, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2011, Tony — Play: Nominee
Season 14, Episode 22
- Birth Place: Cuba
- Birthday: March 18, 2016, Pisces
- Profession: Actor, Musician