- Completed the Sight & Sound special program at Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
- Worked as a substitute teacher in the Los Angeles area.
- Began his showbiz career working as a production assistant on the sets of Cocktail and Rain Man, both starring his cousin, Tom Cruise.
- Studied at the Baron/Brown Studio in Santa Monica.
- Was elected to a three-year term on the National Board of Directors for the Screen Actors Guild in 2007.
- Appeared in more episodes of Lost after his character, Ethan Rom, died then he did when the character was still alive.
- Founded Louisville's Flyover Film Festival.
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Amy Mapother — Sister
- Tom Cruise — Cousin
- William Mapother — Father
- Louisa Mapother — Mother
- Katherine Mapother — Sister
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States (BA in English Literature, 1987)
- Birth Name: William Reibert Mapother
- Birth Place: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Amazing Race returns