- Completed the Sight & Sound special program at Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
- Worked as a substitute teacher in the Los Angeles area.
- Began his showbiz career working as a production assistant on the sets of Cocktail and Rain Man, both starring his cousin, Tom Cruise.
- Studied at the Baron/Brown Studio in Santa Monica.
- Was elected to a three-year term on the National Board of Directors for the Screen Actors Guild in 2007.
- Appeared in more episodes of Lost after his character, Ethan Rom, died then he did when the character was still alive.
- Founded Louisville's Flyover Film Festival.
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Amy Mapother — Sister
- Tom Cruise — Cousin
- William Mapother — Father
- Louisa Mapother — Mother
- Katherine Mapother — Sister
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN (BA in English Literature, 1987)
Season 4, Episode 13
- Birth Name: William Reibert Mapother
- Birth Place: Louisville, KY
- Birthday: April 17, 1965, Aries
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: