- His father, who was a teacher, actor, director, playwright and commercial fisherman, also ran a camp for at-risk children and was a Lutheran chaplain at Duke University.
- Studied under Lee Strasberg at New York's Actors Studio.
- Won three Obie (off-Broadway) Awards in the 1980s.
- Made TV debut in the 1981 TV-movie Kent State.
- Appeared on the soap operas Ryan's Hope and Search for Tomorrow in the '80s.
- Film credits include Silkwood, Desperately Seeking Susan, After Hours, No Way Out, Armageddon, Remember the Titans and A Mighty Heart.
- Was a regular on the 2001-03 CBS spy drama The Agency; other notable TV credits include Numb3rs and 24.
- Provided the voice of John Wilkes Booth in the 2009 American Experience documentary The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
- Has recorded more than 30 audiobooks, including numerous James Lee Burke mysteries; was named Best Voice in Mysteries & Suspense by AudioFiles magazine in 2008 and '09.
- Jan Patton — Mother
- Bill Patton — Father
- North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, NC (1975)
Season 5, Episode 1
- Birth Name: William Patton
- Birth Place: Charleston, SC
- Birthday: June 14, 1954, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: