- His father, who was a teacher, actor, director, playwright and commercial fisherman, also ran a camp for at-risk children and was a Lutheran chaplain at Duke University.
- Studied under Lee Strasberg at New York's Actors Studio.
- Won three Obie (off-Broadway) Awards in the 1980s.
- Made TV debut in the 1981 TV-movie Kent State.
- Appeared on the soap operas Ryan's Hope and Search for Tomorrow in the '80s.
- Film credits include Silkwood, Desperately Seeking Susan, After Hours, No Way Out, Armageddon, Remember the Titans and A Mighty Heart.
- Was a regular on the 2001-03 CBS spy drama The Agency; other notable TV credits include Numb3rs and 24.
- Provided the voice of John Wilkes Booth in the 2009 American Experience documentary The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
- Has recorded more than 30 audiobooks, including numerous James Lee Burke mysteries; was named Best Voice in Mysteries & Suspense by AudioFiles magazine in 2008 and '09.
- Jan Patton — Mother
- Bill Patton — Father
- North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, NC (1975)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
By HBO StudiosNot yet released Buy New: $39.96 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $139.80 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)