Will Estes began working professionally as an actor at age 10 and rose to prominence shortly thereafter when he won the coveted role of Will McCullough on The New Lassie in 1989. His diverse career includes stints on hits (Lassie, American Dreams) and flops (Reunion, Meego) alike, as well as guest roles on myriad programs from Baywatch to 7th Heaven to Law & Order. In between, he scored success on the big screen in the World War II submarine flick U-571 and in the TV-movie The Dive From Clausen's Pier in which he played a quadriplegic who is abandoned by his fiancée. Estes returned to TV in 2010 with the CBS cop drama Blue Bloods as part of an ensemble cast that's headlined by Tom Selleck.
- Won the role of Will McCullough on The New Lassie over 700 other actors in 1989.
- Credits his love for dogs with helping him win the Lassie role and is involved in various animal charities.
- Was featured in Jon Bon Jovi's music video "It's My Life" after costarring with the singer in the World War II film U-571.
- Won Celebrity Jeopardy! in 2003.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Is a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Mary Lu Estes — Mother
- Bill Nipper — Father
- Attended Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: William Estes Nipper
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead