- His parents were strict Baptists and he was not allowed to watch horror movies as a kid.
- While in college, he suffered a viral infection of the spine that temporarily paralyzed him from the chest down.
- After grad school, he became a college professor and later taught at a high school.
- Had aspirations to be an author; changed career paths after he saw the 1968 horror film Night of the Living Dead.
- Got his start in the movie industry in 1969 as a messenger; later worked at a post-production company as a sound editor.
- Released his debut novel, The Fountain Society, in 1999.
- Directed his first non-horror movie, Music of the Heart, in 1999.
- Was an avid nature and bird lover, and joined the Audubon California Board of Directors in 2010.
- Iya Labunka — Wife
- Bonnie Broecker — Ex-wife
- Caroline Craven — Mother
- Millicent Craven — Ex-wife
- Paul Craven — Father
- Jessica Craven — Daughter
- Jonathan Craven — Son
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois, United States (BA in Psychology and Education, 1963); Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States (MA in Philosophy, 1964)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Wesley Earl Craven
- Birth Place: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- Died: August 30, 2015
- Profession: Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
Here's how everything changed in "Chapter 6"
By Echo Bridge Home EntertainmentBuy New: $24.50
By Permuted PlatinumBuy New: $9.60
By WileyBuy New: $12.55