Wes Craven Celebrity Watchlist
- His parents were strict Baptists and he was not allowed to watch horror movies as a kid.
- While in college, he suffered a viral infection of the spine that temporarily paralyzed him from the chest down.
- After grad school, he became a college professor and later taught at a high school.
- Had aspirations to be an author; changed career paths after he saw the 1968 horror film Night of the Living Dead.
- Got his start in the movie industry in 1969 as a messenger; later worked at a post-production company as a sound editor.
- His debut movie was 1972's The Last House on the Left.
- Received an Independent Spirit Award Best Feature nomination in 1995 for Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
- Released his debut novel, The Fountain Society, in 1999.
- Directed his first non-horror movie, Music of the Heart, in 1999.
- Is an avid nature and bird lover, and joined the Audubon California Board of Directors in 2010.
- Caroline Craven — Mother
- Jessica Craven — Daughter
- Jonathan Craven — Son
- Millicent Craven — Ex-wife
- Iya Labunka — Wife
- Paul Craven — Father
- Bonnie Broecker — Ex-wife
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL (BA in Psychology and Education, 1963); Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (MA in Philosophy, 1964)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative