- Studied drama in high school with Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and novelist William Inge.
- Began her stage-acting career in community theaters in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Albuquerque, New Mexico, before finally moving to New York City in 1932.
- Understudied Ethel Merman in the 1934 Broadway musical Anything Goes, featuring the music and lyrics of Cole Porter.
- Won the Emmy Award for Best Series Supporting Actress in 1954, the first year the category was honored, for her portrayal of Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy.
- 1954, Emmy — Best Series Supporting Actress: Winner
- 1957, Emmy — Best Supporting Performance by an Actress: Nominee
- 1955, Emmy — Best Supporting Actress in a Regular Series: Nominee
- 1958, Emmy — Best Continuing Supporting Performance by an Actress in a Dramatic or Comedy Series: Nominee
- Robert Jones — Father
- Robert Jones — Brother
- Lou Ann Graham — Sister
- Mickey Boyer — Sister
- Philip Ober — Ex-husband
- Dorothy O'Neal — Sister
- Venus Speer — Sister
- George Koch — Ex-husband
- Euphemia Mae Jones — Mother
- Joseph Shearer Dannick Jr. — Ex-husband
- John Dodds — Husband
- Birth Name: Vivian Roberta Jones
- Birth Place: Cherryvale, KS
- Died: August 17, 1979
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns