- Has the nickname Gina.
- Made her feature-film debut in 1983's Class.
- Carried her son's Lego action figure with her for good luck at the 2005 Golden Globe Awards. (She was nominated, but didn't win, for Sideways.)
- In 2007, became the first celebrity spokesperson for Botox, which she initially started using in 2003 to help with migraines.
- Homeschooled her son, Jack.
- Formed a production company called Title IX Productions with Karly Meola in 2008. Their first project, the documentary I Know a Woman Like That, was directed by Madsen's mom, Elaine.
- 2004, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2007, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2005, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Winner
- 2005, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Winner
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Billy Campbell — Ex-significant Other
- Elaine Madsen — Mother
- Cal Madsen — Father
- Sherri — Sister
- Antonio Sabato Jr. — Ex-significant Other
- Danny Huston — Ex-husband
- Jack Antonio Sabato — Son
- Michael Madsen — Brother
- Attended Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Season 6, Episode 14
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Birthday: September 11, 1961, Virgo
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: