- Was born to Ukrainian immigrants in New Jersey, and did not speak English until she was 6.
- Toured with a Ukrainian folk-dancing troupe as a teenager.
- Originally aspired to be an optometrist, having suffered eye problems all her life.
- First major role was Caitlin on the short-lived action/adventure series Roar.
- Made her big-screen debut in the 1998 drama Return to Paradise.
- Won a Special Jury Prize at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival for her performance as a mother with a secret drug addiction in Down to the Bone.
- 2010, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2005, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 2004, Sundance Film Festival — Special Jury Prize: Dramatic: Winner
- 2009, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2007, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2009, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2010, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2010, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- Michael Farmiga — Father
- Renn Hawkey — Husband
- Sebastian Roché — Ex-husband
- Luba Farmiga — Mother
- Taissa Farmiga — Sister
- Fynn — Son
- Gytta Lubov Hawkey — Daughter
- Syracuse University, College of Visual and Performing Arts, Syracuse, NY (1995)
- Birth Name: Vera Ann Farmiga
- Birth Place: New Jersey
- Birthday: August 6, 1973, Leo
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments