Vera Farmiga Celebrity Watchlist
- Was born to Ukrainian immigrants in New Jersey, and did not speak English until she was 6.
- Toured with a Ukrainian folk-dancing troupe as a teenager.
- Originally aspired to be an optometrist, having suffered eye problems all her life.
- First major role was Caitlin on the short-lived action/adventure series Roar.
- Made her big-screen debut in the 1998 drama Return to Paradise.
- Won a Special Jury Prize at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival for her performance as a mother with a secret drug addiction in Down to the Bone.
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2004, Sundance Film Festival — Special Jury Prize: Dramatic: Winner
- 2009, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2010, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2009, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Luba Farmiga — Mother
- Taissa Farmiga — Sister
- Michael Farmiga — Father
- Renn Hawkey — Husband
- Fynn — Son
- Gytta Lubov Hawkey — Daughter
- Sebastian Roché — Ex-husband
- Syracuse University, College of Visual and Performing Arts, Syracuse, NY (1995)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage