- Became a tennis pro at 14 years old in 1994.
- Faced sister Serena in the women's final of the 1999 Lipton Championships, making it the first time since 1884 that two sisters had played each other in the final of a pro event (Venus won).
- Named Sportswoman of the Year in 2000 by Sports Illustrated.
- Won two gold medals at the 2000 Summer Olympics, one for the women's singles title and one for the women's doubles title with Serena; in 2008 and 2012, she and Serena won gold again in women's doubles.
- In 2002, became the first black female tennis player to be ranked No. 1 in the world by the Women's Tennis Association.
- Starred with Serena in the reality TV series Venus and Serena: For Real, which debuted in 2005.
- Captured her fifth Wimbledon singles title in 2008, defeating sister Serena to improve to 2-5 in Grand Slam finals between the two. In 2007, Venus was the lowest-seeded winner ever at No. 23.
- Won a bronze medal in mixed doubles, with Rajeev Ram, at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
- Named the first Promoter of Gender Equality for UNESCO, through which she donates apparel from her EleVen clothing line to needy children.
- Is the founder and CEO of V Starr Interiors, an interior decorating firm based in Jupiter, Florida.
- Owns a small stake in the Miami Dolphins franchise.
- Lyndrea — Half Sister
- Serena Williams — Sister
- Yetunde Price — Half Sister
- Richard Williams — Father
- Isha — Half Sister
- Oracene Williams — Mother
- Hank Kuehne — Ex-significant Other
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States (AA in Fashion Design, 2007); Indiana University East, Richmond, Indiana, United States (BS in Business Administration, 2015)
- Birth Name: Venus Ebone Starr Williams
- Birth Place: Lynwood, California, United States
- Profession: Tennis player, Clothing designer
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more