- Became a tennis pro at 14 years old in 1994.
- Faced sister Serena in the women's final of the 1999 Lipton Championships, making it the first time since 1884 that two sisters had played each other in the final of a pro event (Venus won).
- Named Sportswoman of the Year in 2000 by Sports Illustrated.
- Won two gold medals at the 2000 Summer Olympics, one for the women's singles title and one for the women's doubles title with Serena; in 2008, she and Serena won another gold in women's doubles.
- In 2002, became the first black female tennis player to be ranked No. 1 in the world by the Women's Tennis Association.
- Starred with Serena in the reality TV series Venus and Serena: For Real, which debuted in 2005.
- Captured her fifth Wimbledon singles title in 2008, defeating sister Serena to improve to 2-5 in Grand Slam finals between the two. In 2007, Venus was the lowest-seeded winner ever at No. 23.
- Named the first Promoter of Gender Equality for UNESCO, through which she donates apparel from her EleVen clothing line to needy children.
- Is the founder and CEO of V Starr Interiors, an interior decorating firm based in Jupiter, Florida.
- Owns a small stake in the Miami Dolphins franchise.
- Richard Williams — Father
- Yetunde Price — Half Sister
- Lyndrea — Half Sister
- Serena Williams — Sister
- Hank Kuehne — Ex-significant Other
- Isha — Half Sister
- Oracene Williams — Mother
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL (AA in Fashion Design, 2007); Attended Indiana University East, Richmond, IN
Season 12, Episode 12
- Birth Name: Venus Ebone Starr Williams
- Birth Place: Lynwood, CA
- Birthday: June 17, 1980, Gemini
- Profession: Tennis player, Clothing designer
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: