Having begun acting in local productions at age 8, Marcil was eventually spotted in a stage production while in her early twenties and became a soap opera star. As Brenda Barrett on the popular General Hospital
, she earned several Daytime Emmy nominations and an award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. In 1998, Marcil made the leap to prime time when she joined the cast of the drama Beverly Hills, 90210
. During her tenure there, she began dating costar Brian Austin Green, and the couple eventually had a son. When the series ended, Marcil continued to land small-screen parts, including a recurring role as a detective on NYPD Blue
and a regular role as a sexy casino hostess on Las Vegas
. In 2010, she made a triumphant return to her daytime roots, reprising her role as Brenda on General Hospital
. Vanessa Marcil Fast Facts:
- Began acting at age 8.
- First television job was playing Brenda Barrett on General Hospital in 1992, a part that initially lasted six years. She returned in 2003 and earned a Daytime Emmy and Soap Opera Digest Award.
- Featured in Prince's music video for "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World."
- Joined the cast of Beverly Hills, 90210 in 1998 as Gina Kincaid.
- Volunteers for numerous charities including Sojourn Services, which helps battered women and their children.
- Vanessa Marcil Relationships:
- Patricia Ortiz - Mother
- Sam Ortiz - Brother
- Tina - Sister
- Carmine Giovinazzo - Ex-husband
- Brian Austin Green - Ex-fiancé
- Sherry - Sister
- Peter Ortiz - Father
- Tyler Christopher - Ex-fiancé
- Corey Feldman - Ex-husband
- Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green - Son
- Attended College of the Desert, Palm Desert, CA