Having begun acting in local productions at age 8, Marcil was eventually spotted in a stage production while in her early twenties and became a soap opera star. As Brenda Barrett on the popular General Hospital, she earned several Daytime Emmy nominations and an award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. In 1998, Marcil made the leap to prime time when she joined the cast of the drama Beverly Hills, 90210. During her tenure there, she began dating costar Brian Austin Green, and the couple eventually had a son. When the series ended, Marcil continued to land small-screen parts, including a recurring role as a detective on NYPD Blue and a regular role as a sexy casino hostess on Las Vegas. In 2010, she made a triumphant return to her daytime roots, reprising her role as Brenda on General Hospital.
- Began acting at age 8.
- First television job was playing Brenda Barrett on General Hospital in 1992, a part that initially lasted six years. She returned in 2003 and earned a Daytime Emmy and Soap Opera Digest Award.
- Featured in Prince's music video for "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World."
- Joined the cast of Beverly Hills, 90210 in 1998 as Gina Kincaid.
- Volunteers for numerous charities including Sojourn Services, which helps battered women and their children.
- Tina — Sister
- Corey Feldman — Ex-husband
- Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green — Son
- Brian Austin Green — Ex-fiancé
- Sherry — Sister
- Patricia Ortiz — Mother
- Sam Ortiz — Brother
- Peter Ortiz — Father
- Tyler Christopher — Ex-fiancé
- Carmine Giovinazzo — Ex-husband
- Attended College of the Desert, Palm Desert, CA
- Birth Name: Sally Vanessa Ortiz
- Birth Place: Indio, CA
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters