This charismatic triple threat sang and danced her way to fame as a brainy beauty in Disney's smash 2006 TV-movie High School Musical. Although the multiethnic Hudgens only had a handful of TV guest spots and film appearances under her belt, she was already a veteran hoofer, having performed in myriad stage musicals since childhood. Under Disney's tutelage, Hudgens became a formidable starlet, guest-starring on the station's popular teen series (Drake & Josh, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) and headlining HSM. After the film's success, she released her own album, V, which promptly landed in the top 30 on the Billboard 200 album chart, and then served up a sophomore pop album, Identified, in 2008. Yet she pushed aside her solo singing career to focus on acting, signing on to star in the films Bandslam (2009) and Beastly (2010) and appearing in a 2010 stage production of Rent at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Mother is of Filipino, Chinese and Spanish descent; father is American Indian and Irish.
- Began acting in musical theater when she was 8 years old, and has since appeared in numerous local productions, including Carousel, Damn Yankees, The King & I and The Wizard of Oz.
- Was home-schooled from seventh grade on.
- Made TV debut at age 13 in an episode of the series Still Standing.
- Her first two films, 2003's indie drama Thirteen and 2004's sci-fi bomb Thunderbirds, also featured actor Brady Corbet.
- Debut album V, released September 26, 2006, sold 34,000 copies during its first week and debuted at No. 24 on the Billboard 200 album chart.
- Signed on to endorse Neutrogena cosmetic products in 2007.
- Starred in a 2010 production of Rent at the Hollywood Bowl. The show was directed by Neil Patrick Harris.
- Made her Broadway debut as the lead in the 2015 revival of Gigi.
- Father Greg passed away the day before Hudgens was due to star in Grease: Live; despite this, she went on with the performance as scheduled.
- Stella Hudgens — Sister
- Greg Hudgens — Father
- Gina Guangco — Mother
- Zac Efron — Ex-significant Other
- Austin Butler — Significant Other