The New York native started her career in her hometown, guest starring on a number of locally shot series (Law & Order, Third Watch) before landing a recurring role as one of Jack Bauer's ill-fated squeezes on the third season of 24. Her breakthrough role even came on a series set in her hometown, although it was shot in Los Angeles: CSI: NY. As a dedicated detective who let the job get the best of her, she gave up her badge and ultimately her life after a suspect she was shadowing turned on her. But her character's misfortune was Ferlito's boon, as the up-and-coming starlet was able to pursue big-screen opportunities, including a bloody good role as a scantily-clad victim in Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof segment of Grindhouse. In 2009, she appeared in such high-profile films as Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail and Julie & Julia.
- Debuted in the independent film, On_Line (2002), which followed the creation of an adult website.
- Was inspired to become a vegetarian by Shaun Monson's documentary Earthlings (2003), which investigated the daily activities of animal-dependent industries.
- Was nominated for an Image Award for her role in the made-for-TV movie Undefeated (2003).
- A 2004 New York Daily News article called her one of the next big things.
- Gave birth to her first child, a boy, in September 2007.
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Birthday: December 28, 1980, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor