This former model got his showbiz break during his carpenter day job, when he was tapped to join the crew of the home-improvement cable series Trading Spaces in 2000. Three years later, this zany handyman earned his own network show, ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,
which allowed him to shout through a bullhorn, knock down walls and tear up at the stories of the families he helped build homes for. Pennington's good looks and goofy antics endeared him to audiences and even led to a handful of acting gigs. Off screen, Pennington has designed his own furniture line, launched the magazine Ty Pennington At Home, played in a one-man band named Barney and authored a how-to book.Ty Pennington Fast Facts:
- Modeled for J.Crew, Swatch, Body Glove and Land's End.
- Appeared in commercials for Diet Coke, Macy's, Levi's and Sears.
- Published his first book, Ty's Tricks, in 2003.
- Was on the cover of the inaugural full-size TV GUIDE magazine in 2005.
- In 2007, opened a design boutique called Art Design Home Decor in Los Angeles.
- Launched a line of home furniture, Howard Miller Signature Home Furnishings by Ty Pennington, in 2009.
- Ty Pennington Relationships:
- Wynn Pennington - Brother
- Drea Bock - Significant Other
- Yvonne Pennington - Mother
- Ty Pennington Awards:
- 2006 Emmy: Outstanding Reality Program - Winner
- 2005 Emmy: Outstanding Reality Program - Winner
- 2007 Emmy: Outstanding Reality Program - Nominee
- The Art Institute of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA (Graphic Design); attended Atlanta College of Art, Atlanta, GA