- Worked as a roadie and backup dancer for the hip-hop group Digital Underground.
- Was a childhood friend of Jada Pinkett Smith and wrote a poem about her entitled "Jada."
- In February of 1995, became the first artist ever to have the No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 list while serving a prison sentence.
- His album The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory was released after his death and reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
- His song "Dear Mama" was added to the National Recording Registry in 2010.
- Is the subject of more than a dozen documentary films.
- Fifteen years after his death, "performed" at the 2012 Coachella Music Festival as a hologram.
- Kidada Jones — Ex-fiancée
- Billy Garland — Father
- Mutulu Shakur — Stepfather
- Sekyiwa Shakur — Half Sister
- Afeni Shakur — Mother
- Mopreme Shakur — Stepbrother
- Keisha Morris-Shakur — Ex-wife
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Lesane Parish Crooks
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Died: September 13, 1996
- Profession: Rapper, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead
The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders/La Guerra del FBI Contra Tupac Shakur y los Líderes Negros
By Progressive Left PressBuy New: $15.00
By Eagle Rock EntBuy New: $7.92
Original Gangstas: The Untold Story of Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Tupac Shakur, and the Birth of West Coast Rap
By Hachette BooksBuy New: $16.27