- Worked as a roadie and backup dancer for the hip-hop group Digital Underground.
- Was a childhood friend of Jada Pinkett Smith and wrote a poem about her entitled "Jada."
- In February of 1995, became the first artist ever to have the No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 list while serving a prison sentence.
- His album The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory was released after his death and reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
- His song "Dear Mama" was added to the National Recording Registry in 2010.
- Is the subject of more than a dozen documentary films.
- Fifteen years after his death, "performed" at the 2012 Coachella Music Festival as a hologram.
- Afeni Shakur — Mother
- Mopreme Shakur — Stepbrother
- Keisha Morris-Shakur — Ex-wife
- Kidada Jones — Ex-fiancée
- Mutulu Shakur — Stepfather
- Sekyiwa Shakur — Half Sister
- Billy Garland — Father
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Lesane Parish Crooks
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: June 16, 1971, Gemini
- Died: September 13, 1996
- Profession: Rapper, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sullivan Stapleton really, really likes a CBS sitcom.
By XENONBuy New: $7.10
By One World/BallantineBuy New: $6.99
The Covert War Against Rock: What You Don't Know About the Deaths of Jim Morrison, Tupac Shakur, Michael Hutchence, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Phil...
By Feral HouseBuy New: $14.95