After growing up on a farm in Canada, Helfer began modeling at age 17 and was crowned the 1992 Ford Supermodel of the World, eventually gracing the covers of many magazines and becoming a Victoria's Secret beauty. A stint as a correspondent on the Canadian style series Ooh La La sparked her interest in acting, and in 2002 began to rack up a handful of credits including a dead model on CSI, and as Farrah Fawcett in the TV-movie Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Charlie's Angels. But her turn as Battlestar Galactica's seductive Cylon Number Six turned her into an instant fanboy favorite. In 2006, concurrent with her work on the hit series, she became a judge for the first season of the reality series Canada's Next Top Model. Helfer is the co-founder of Acting Outlaws, which services various charity events.
- Grew up on her family's grain farm, and was discovered at age 17 while waiting in line at a movie theater.
- In July 1992, received a three-year, $250,000 contract with the Ford talent agency for winning its Supermodel of the World contest.
- While still pursuing a modeling career, worked as a reporter for Canada's Ooh La La Fashion Television.
- After 10 years in modeling, gave it up to focus exclusively on acting.
- Worked with a voice coach to portray Farrah Fawcett in Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of 'Charlie's Angels'.
- Featured in the February 2007 issue of Playboy magazine.
- Supports many charitable organizations focused on stopping animal cruelty, including the Humane Society, PETA, Kitten Rescue and Best Friends Animal Society.
- Dennis Helfer — Father
- Elaine Helfer — Mother
- Jonathan Marshall — Husband
- Tammy — Sister
- Trina — Sister
- Tara — Sister
- Birth Name: Tricia Janine Helfer
- Birth Place: Donalda, Alberta, Canada
- Profession: Actor, Model
Trending TonightSee all »
Supernatural's biggest stars are apparently too famous to remember Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict.