- Home-schooled throughout high school, Pastrana graduated when he was just 15.
- Jumped his Suzuki into the San Francisco Bay during the 1999 X Games; won a gold medal there, but had to forfeit $10,000 in prize money to retrieve the bike, pay fines and donate to the Save the Bay charity.
- Landed the first-ever double backflip in motocross competition history at the 2006 X Games.
- Past injuries include multiple concussions, a dislocated spine and a broken pelvis, hip, foot, ankle, thumb, elbow, fingers and wrists.
- Nicknamed "The Gimp" and "Wonder Boy."
- High-octane hobbies include skydiving, rally-car racing and base jumping.
- Debby Pastrana — Mother
- Robert Pastrana — Father
- Richard Pastrana — Uncle
- Ronnie Pastrana — Uncle
- Greg Powell — Cousin
- Russell Pastrana — Uncle
- Alan Pastrana — Uncle
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD