- While attending Howard University, received a Helen Hayes Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Resident Musical for her role in a production of Hair.
- Made her Broadway debut in 2004, opposite Alfre Woodard in Drowning Crow.
- Unsuccessfully auditioned eight times for a role in the Broadway musical Rent; eventually won the role of Joanne in the 2005 film version, and went on to appear in the final Broadway performances of the show.
- Final audition for Quentin Tarantino's Grindhouse Presents: Death Proof (2007) was done as a team alongside her friend Rosario Dawson; both actors landed parts in the film.
- Has been a series regular on the short-lived As If and Wonderfalls, as well as CBS' hit Cold Case.
- Appeared in Chris Rock's 2009 documentary Good Hair, discussing her choice to wear her hair natural.
- Was part of the rotating cast of the revue For the Record: Baz Luhrmann at Los Angeles club Show at Barre in 2011.
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Actress In A Short Form Comedy Or Drama Series: Nominee
- 2006, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Song: Nominee
- 2006, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- Donald Thoms — Father
- Austin Thoms — Brother
- Mariana Thoms — Mother
- McKinley "Mack" Thoms — Grandfather
- Howard University, Washington, DC (BFA, 1997); The Juilliard School, New York, NY (2001)
- Birth Name: Tracie Nicole Thoms
- Birth Place: Baltimore, MD
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Here's how everything changed in "Chapter 6"