- Began his professional career at 14, joining the "Bones Brigade" team of Powell-Peralta Skateboards.
- Became known as "Birdman" among fellow skateboarders for his high-flying tricks.
- Established the skateboard company Birdhouse Projects in the early 1990s with fellow pro Per Welinder; founded Hawk Clothing, which manufactures clothes and skateboarding equipment and accessories, in 1998.
- His first skateboarding game, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, released in 1999 on the Sony PlayStation, spawned a long-running series that spanned several gaming consoles.
- Retired from pro skateboarding in 1999 after he pulled off the sport's first-ever "900," a trick that involves doing two-and-a-half rotations in midair. His pro record stood at 73 wins out of 103 competitions (he placed second in 19).
- Released his autobiography, Hawk: Occupation: Skateboarder, in 2000.
- Established the Tony Hawk Foundation, which helps build public skate parks in low-income communities, in 2002; co-founded Athletes for Hope, a non-profit organization that encourages sports philanthropy, in 2007.
- Frank Hawk — Father
- Nancy Hawk — Mother
- Spencer Hawk — Son
- Erin Lee — Ex-wife
- Lenore Hawk Dale — Sister
- Patricia Hawk — Sister
- Lhotse Merriam — Wife (separated)
- Riley Hawk — Son
- Steve Hawk — Brother
- Kadence Clover Hawk — Daughter
- Cindy Dunbar — Ex-wife
- Keegan Hawk — Son
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Anthony Frank Hawk
- Birth Place: Carlsbad, California, United States
- Profession: Skateboarder, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns