- Raised in a strict Apostolic household that forbade secular music and pants in women's wardrobes.
- Was discovered while singing to herself at a gas station.
- Formed The Braxtons, a group act with her sisters Traci, Trina, Tamar and Towanda, in 1989.
- Signed a solo deal with LaFace records in 1991.
- The single "Un-Break My Heart" spent 11 weeks at the top of the pop charts.
- Filed for bankruptcy in 1998.
- In 1998, became the first black actress to play the lead role of Belle in the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast.
- Is a spokeswoman for Autism Speaks and the American Heart Association.
- 1993, Grammy — Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female: Winner
- 1996, Grammy — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1994, Grammy — Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1993, Grammy — Best New Artist: Winner
- 2000, Grammy — Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1996, Grammy — Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2014, Grammy — Best R&B Album: Winner
- Evelyn Braxton — Mother
- Traci Braxton — Sister
- Tamar Braxton — Sister
- Towanda Braxton — Sister
- Michael Braxton — Father
- Trina Braxton — Sister
- Keri Lewis — Ex-husband
- Denim Cole Braxton Lewis — Son
- Deizel Ky Braxton Lewis — Son
- Attended Bowie State University, Bowie, Maryland, United States
Season 4, Episode 24
- Birth Place: Severn, Maryland, United States
- Birthday: October 7, 1967, Libra
- Profession: Singer, Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: