Although this appealing player had few professional credits when he was picked to star in the '60s period piece That Thing You Do!, the film's director, Tom Hanks, saw something in Scott: himself. Comparisons between the two were inevitable: They both boasted curly hair, boyish good looks and easygoing manners. However, unlike Hanks, Scott would make his biggest impression on the small screen, essaying a diverse roster of intense characters, from a manic depressive on ER to a gambling paramedic on the short-lived Saved to a police detective on Southland. Off screen, Scott's life is much less dramatic, with two kids and a stable marriage to a former college classmate.
- Started a theater company with friends in New York in 1992.
- First TV role was in a 1993 Law & Order episode.
- Directed a production of the play Red River, which was turned into a 1998 independent film starring Scott and featuring his wife, actor Jenni Gallagher.
- Placed third in the World Poker Tour Invitational in 2005, the first celebrity to make it to the final table.
- Was a regular on several short-lived series---including Philly, Do Over and Saved---before joining the cast of the acclaimed police drama Southland in 2009.
- Finn — Son
- Bill Scott — Father
- Cindy Scott — Mother
- Jenni Gallagher — Wife
- Arly — Daughter
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY (BA in Drama, 1992)
- Birth Place: Brockton, MA
- Birthday: September 7, 1970, Virgo
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating: