- Was NBC News' White House correspondent during the Watergate scandal.
- Conducted the first exclusive one-on-one American television interview with Mikhail Gorbachev.
- Was the only television correspondent broadcasting live from the scene the night the Berlin Wall came down.
- Is the author of several books, including 1998's The Greatest Generation, about the men and women who helped build modern America.
- Received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2014.
- 2013, Peabody — Personal Award: Winner
- Jennifer Jean Brokaw — Daughter
- Andrea Simon Brokaw — Daughter
- Sarah Brokaw — Daughter
- Meredith Lynn Auld Brokaw — Wife
- Attended University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States; University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota, United States (BA in Political Science)
- Birth Name: Thomas John Brokaw
- Birth Place: Webster, South Dakota, United States
- Birthday: February 6, 1940, Aquarius
- Profession: Reporter, Anchor, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay