- Originally wanted to be a sports announcer.
- Studied with acting guru Lee Strasberg at the Actors Studio.
- While living in New York City in the 1950s he worked as a hat checker at Lindy's restaurant and a doorman at Tavern on the Green.
- Won a Tony playing flamboyant New York City mayor Fiorello La Guardia in 1959's Fiorello!
- Originally turned down the role of patriarch Howard Cunningham in Happy Days but reconsidered after reading the script.
- Claimed the Bosley character in the TV series Charlie's Angels was named after him by producer Aaron Spelling, who wanted Bosley to play the role.
- Daughter Amy appeared in two episodes of Happy Days.
- Played Belle's father in the original 1994 Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast.
- Ranked No. 9 on TV GUIDE's 2004 list of "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time."
- 1960, Tony — Actor, Supporting or Featured (Musical): Winner
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Continuing Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Jamie Van Meter — Stepdaughter
- Richard Bosley — Brother
- Jean Eliot — Wife (deceased)
- Amy Elizabeth Baer — Daughter
- Benjamin Bosley — Father
- Patricia Carr — Wife
- Dora Heyman Bosley — Mother
- Kimberly DiBonaventura — Stepdaughter
- Attended DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Birth Name: Thomas Edward Bosley
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Died: October 19, 2010
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The excitement was real!