- Originally intended to study journalism in college, but switched majors after auditioning for a student production of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf on a bet and scoring the lead role.
- First major movie role was in 1977's Looking for Mr. Goodbar, where he portrayed a psychopathic murderer named Gary Cooper White.
- Dislikes the Hollywood scene and decided to move to Beaufort, SC, after shooting 1983's The Big Chill there.
- Played Don, a plumber who wins Kirstie Alley's heart in the final episodes of Cheers.
- In March 2011, was honored with a Career Achievement Award at the Gasparilla International Film Festival in Tampa.
- 1987, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1993, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1986, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Winner
- Allison Berenger — Daughter
- Barbara Wilson — Ex-wife
- Chelsea Berenger — Daughter
- Shiloh Berenger — Daughter
- Chloe Berenger — Daughter
- Patrick Berenger — Son
- Lisa Williams — Ex-wife
- Patricia Alvaran — Wife
- Scout Riley Berenger — Daughter
- University of Missouri-Columbia, Colombia, MO (BA in Speech and Dramatic Arts, 1971)
- Birth Name: Thomas Michael Moore
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Birthday: May 31, 1949, Gemini
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments