- Followed in the footsteps of his famous parents, Dame Maggie Smith and Sir Robert Stephens, who divorced when he was 4.
- Joined the Royal Shakespeare Company and, at 24, became the youngest actor with the troupe to play Coriolanus, for which he won the Ian Charleson Award.
- In 1996, played Stanley Kowalski opposite Jessica Lange in the Peter Hall-staged London West End production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Quit drinking after being cast in a Broadway revival of Anouilh's Ring Around the Moon.
- Has a tattoo of a moon on his arm.
- Alison Fogg — Ex-fiancée
- Maggie Smith — Mother
- Robert Stephens — Father
- Anna-Louise Plowman — Wife
- Beverley Cross — Stepfather
- Kura Stephens — Daughter
- Eli Alistair Stephens — Son
- Tallulah Stephens — Daughter
- Jennifer Ehle — Ex-significant Other
- Chris Larkin — Brother
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, London, England (1991)
Season 2, Episode 1
- Birth Place: London, England
- Birthday: April 21, 1969, Taurus
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: