- Had planned on a career as a practical nurse.
- Began her music career in 1960 with then-husband Ike Turner.
- Recorded first solo album, Tina Turns the Country On, in 1974.
- Divorced Ike in 1978 after years of marital problems and documented physical abuse; became a solo artist in 1982.
- Wrote autobiography I, Tina in 1986. Her story spawned the 1993 hit movie What's Love Got to Do With It.
- Became a member of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1991 and was inducted into the St. Louis Walk of Fame in the same year.
- 1984, Grammy — Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female: Winner
- 1984, Grammy — Best Pop Vocal Performance - Female: Winner
- 1988, Grammy — Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female: Winner
- 1985, Grammy — Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female: Winner
- 1971, Grammy — Best R&B Vocal Performance By A Group: Winner
- 2007, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 1984, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 1986, Grammy — Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female: Winner
- Roxanne Bullock — Grandmother
- Ronald Turner — Son
- Allline Bullock — Sister
- Zelma Bullock — Mother
- Craig Hill — Son
- Floyd Richard Bullock — Father
- Georgianna Currie — Grandmother
- Alex Bullock — Grandfather
- Erwin Bach — Husband
- Evelyn Currie — Half Sister
- Josephus Currie — Grandfather
- Ike Turner — Ex-husband
- Birth Name: Anna Mae Bullock
- Birth Place: Nutbush, Tennessee, United States
- Profession: Singer, Dancer, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The 100 and more