- Father was actor Jim Hutton, who played the title character on the short-lived detective series Ellery Queen.
- Made his big-screen debut at 5, appearing alongside his father in the 1965 comedy Never Too Late.
- Played Carol Burnett's son in the acclaimed TV-movie Friendly Fire (1979).
- Had his breakthrough role as troubled teen Conrad in Robert Redford's 1980 drama Ordinary People.
- Turned down the part in Risky Business (1983) that made Tom Cruise a star.
- Directed the 1984 video for The Cars' hit single "Drive."
- Feature directing debut was the 1998 drama Digging to China, starring Kevin Bacon and Mary Stuart Masterson.
- First series-regular role was on A&E's A Nero Wolfe Mystery (2001-02); subsequently starred on the short-lived NBC series Kidnapped (2006-07) and the TNT hit Leverage.
- 1982, BAFTA Film Awards — Most Outstanding Newcomer to Leading Film Roles: Nominee
- 2015, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie: Nominee
- 1982, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1981, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1981, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Winner
- 1980, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1982, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- Uma Thurman — Ex-significant Other
- Mary-Louise Parker — Ex-significant Other
- Heidi Hutton — Sister
- Maryline Hutton — Mother
- Angelina Jolie — Ex-significant Other
- Emmanuel Noah Hutton — Son
- Aurore Giscard d'Estaing — Wife
- Debra Winger — Ex-wife
- Jim Hutton — Father
- Milo Hutton — Son
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Malibu, California, United States
- Profession: Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
Watch Huffman shock her _American Crime_ co-star