Tim Gunn Celebrity
- Was a championship swimmer in high school.
- Has speculated that, as a child on one of the FBI tours, he may have met J. Edgar Hoover in drag.
- Originally studied architecture and literature in college before eventually earning a degree in sculpture.
- Was the associate dean at Parsons The New School for Design, where he was tasked with updating the curriculum.
- Participated in the anti-bullying campaign It Gets Better Project, where he revealed that, as a teenager, he had taken pills in a suicide attempt.
- Known for his catchphrase "Make it work," which he uses to encourage the designers on reality show Project Runway.
- Has authored several books, including Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style.
- Became the chief creative officer at Liz Claiborne in 2007, overseeing and advising the 45 different labels.
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program: Winner
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Reality/Competition Program: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- 2015, Producers Guild Awards — Outstanding Producer of Competition Television: Nominee
- George William Gunn — Father
- Kim Gundy — Sister
- Nancy Gunn — Mother
- Corcoran College of Art and Design, Washington, DC (BFA in Sculpture, 1976)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $9.95 (as of 4:37 AM UTC - more info)
By The 92nd Street YUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $9.95 (as of 4:37 AM UTC - more info)
By Gallery BooksNot yet published Buy New: $18.63 (as of 4:37 AM UTC - more info)