- Father ran a fruit stand in New Jersey.
- Served in the Army during World War II.
- Was cast in his feature film debut Mister Rogers (1955) after director John Ford saw him perform in the show on Broadway.
- Was also an accomplished painter who was featured in the book Actors as Artists.
- Mainly a small-screen player, he was best known for his Golden Globe/Emmy-nominated stint as the captain of a trio of trendy crime fighters on The Mod Squad. He also appeared on a number of other cop shows, including Police Story, Kojak and ChiPs.
- 1971, Golden Globe — Actor in a Supporting Role- Television Series: Nominee
- 1970, Emmy — Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in Drama: Nominee
- Norma Thornton — Wife (deceased)
- Selma Andrews — Mother
- George Andrews — Father
- John Andrews — Son
- Barbara Andrews — Daughter
- Gina — Daughter
- Steve Andrews — Son
- Tony Andrews — Son
- Julianna — Daughter
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, New York, United States
- Birth Name: Tiger Andrews
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Died: January 27, 2007
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who and more