- Both parents were involved in the entertainment business; her father was a vaudeville performer and her mother was a Radio City Rockette.
- Unable to afford a prom dress, her mother, a seamstress for NBC, borrowed one of Dinah Shore's dresses from the studio stockroom.
- Appeared as a dancer in five Elvis Presley movies, including Viva Las Vegas (1964).
- Gained popularity by playing Inga in Young Frankenstein, Mel Brooks' 1974 parody of horror films.
- Was a frequent guest on the Late Night with David Letterman show, and was once talked into taking a shower in Letterman's office, on camera.
- An ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, helping to raise awareness for the disease she was diagnosed with in 1999.
- Published her autobiography Speed Bumps: Flooring it Through Hollywood in 2005.
- 1983, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 1982, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Phyllis Garr — Mother
- Phillip — Brother
- David Kipper — Ex-significant Other
- Roger Birnbaum — Ex-significant Other
- John O'Neil — Ex-husband
- Eddie Garr — Father
- Molly — Daughter
- Ed — Brother
- Attended San Fernando Valley State College, Northridge, CA
Season 3, Episode 25
- Birth Name: Terry Ann Garr
- Birth Place: Lakewood, OH
- Birthday: December 11, 1944, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating:
Show More »