This '80s sex symbol became a music video vixen after a sultry lingerie-wearing appearance on the hood of a car in Whitesnake's video for the single "Here I Go Again.” After doing small parts on TV and in films (she was Tom Hanks' bride-to-be in Bachelor Party
), this former model briefly wed Whitesnake front man David Coverdale. During their relationship, she appeared in a number of the heavy metal band’s music videos. In the '90s, she snagged a few low-rent gigs (cohost of America's Funniest People
, recurring roles on The New WKRP in Cincinnati
) but was more famous for being accused of attacking her second hubby, baseball pitcher Chuck Finley. When Finley filed for divorce, Kitaen admitted to drug problems and was required to undergo substance abuse and anger-management counseling. After being out of the public eye for a couple of years, she made a messy return in 2006 when she signed on to VH1's "celebreality" show The Surreal Life
. Erratic, drug-addled, flirtatious and angry (she verbally attacked Brady Bunch
matriarch Florence Henderson), Kitaen alienated almost all of her housemates, along with most viewers. While she repeatedly claimed that she was sober, in November of that same year she was arrested for cocaine possession. In 2008, she signed on to seek help as a cast member of VH1’s Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew
. After her stint on that reality show ended, her often public struggles with substance abuse continued.Tawny Kitaen Fast Facts:
- Appeared on the cover of glam metal band Ratt's 1984 album Out of the Cellar.
- Starred in the videos for Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" and "Is This Love?"
- Featured in the 1999 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue with then-husband Chuck Finley.
- Joined the sixth season of VH1's The Surreal Life.
- In 2008, signed on as part of the second season cast of VH1's Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
- Tawny Kitaen Relationships:
- Terry Kitaen - Father
- Wynter Merin Finley - Daughter
- Raine Finley - Daughter
- Chuck Finley - Ex-husband
- David Coverdale - Ex-husband
- Linda Taylor Kitaen - Mother