- Plays the fiddle and the bodhran.
- Appeared on Friends in 1998 as a love interest for Rachel, played by his then-girlfriend, Jennifer Aniston.
- After both of his parents were diagnosed with bladder cancer, he became the national spokesperson for the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network. His mother recovered, but his father succumbed to the disease in 2001.
- Has volunteered with the Young Storytellers program, a group that works with children writing their own screenplays.
- Began honing his directing skills while he was a cast member on The O.C. His director credits include episodes of the television shows Glee and Damages.
- 1994, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Male: Nominee
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Short-Format Nonfiction Program: Winner
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Corinne Kingsbury — Ex-wife
- Timothy Donovan — Father
- Sandra Bullock — Ex-fiancée
- Eileen Donovan — Mother
- Jennifer Aniston — Ex-significant Other
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States (BFA, 1985)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Tate Buckley Donovan
- Birth Place: Tenafly, New Jersey, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns