Tamara Tunie Celebrity
- Both her parents were morticians; the family lived above the funeral parlor.
- Was a contestant in the Miss Black Teenage Pageant in Pittsburgh in the early 1970s.
- Made her Broadway debut alongside Lena Horne in Lena Horne: The Lady and Her Music.
- In 2002, worked on three TV series (on three different networks) simultaneously: As the World Turns, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and 24.
- Mayor Bloomberg presented her with one of the inaugural Made in NY awards in 2006.
- Coproduced the Tony Award-winning musical Spring Awakening, which debuted on Broadway in 2006, and August Wilson's final play, Radio Golf, which debuted on Broadway in 2007.
- Made her directorial debut in 2010 with the film See You in September.
- Became an official spokesperson for the National Coalition to End Child Abuse Deaths in 2011.
- Serves on the board of directors of Figure Skating in Harlem, Inc., a nonprofit organization that works with young girls in the community.
- Has worked with several charitable organizations and theater companies, including Hearts of Gold and Harlem Stage/The Gatehouse.
- 2007, Tony — Play: Nominee
- 2007, Tony — Musical: Winner
- Greg Bouquett — Ex-husband
- James W. Tunie — Father
- Evelyn Hawkins Tunie — Mother
- Gregory Generet — Husband (separated)
- Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BFA in Musical Theatre, 1981)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Sony Pictures Home EntertainmentUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $22.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By HBO StudiosUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $34.96 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)