- Made her off-Broadway debut in a 1954 production of A Stone for Danny Fisher.
- Dumped a plate of food on top of theater critic John Simon's head at a party in 1973 after he made snide remarks about her in his review of Nellie Toole and Co.
- Earned her two Oscar nominations for a total of 14 minutes of screen time.
- Wrote and starred in a one-woman show, It's Me, Sylvia!, which ran at New York's Playhouse Theatre in 1981.
- Is a successful competitive chess player.
- 1975, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1969, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Reuben Lee — Father
- Gerald Price — Ex-husband
- William Miles — Ex-husband
- Ted Brown — Ex-husband
- Belle Lee — Mother
- The Actors Studio, New York, New York, United States (1968)
- Birth Name: Sylvia Lee
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Birthday: September 9, 1932, Virgo
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay